Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpookyZalost

Journey to the stars

8 posts in this topic

Space... The Final Frontier...

have you ever looked up at the stars and wondered just what is out there?
ever asked yourself what lies deep into the void across the sea of stars which we watch with curious eyes from our home?
this is a tale of just such a people, like you, like me, but different, Little Green men from the planet Kerbal in the kerbol system in a galaxy far far away.

Title.jpg

it is the dream of every sentient to reach beyond that which they know, to attain the unknown either because they fear it or because they wish to understand it so that they no longer fear it.

many such beings try to attain flight so that they may travel where none have gone before, soaring above the world they've only seen from the surface.

here is one such vehicle, a design based on excessive force and lift.

Test%20vehicle.png

most times their attempts end in failure, sometimes with lethal consequences.

Failure.png

but those who learn from the mistakes of the ones before them occasionally do succeed, and when they do, our hearts and minds are pushed onward and upwards, to new goals and new challenges.

Success.jpg

this is the story of a people who went beyond their home into the cold unforgiving depths of space, where no person from their world had ever dreamed of going before.

To%20Be%20continued.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED...

Wow, I really like this !

I assume this to sorta be semi- fiction ?

So something that is a bit of a story , but largely still based on facts you feel ?

In any event I eagerly look for to its continuation

Thanks, Brian

Everybody's gotta start somewhere, this is Jedidiah Kerman, Test Pilot and Astronaut Candidate, he looks at his home one last time before stepping into the capsule, let's watch as things unfold.
Jeb%20stepping%20into%20the%20capsule.jp
Main%20ship.jpg
Launch.jpg
Launch%20Successful.png
Boosters%20Detached.png
Orbital%20Insertion%20Burn.jpg
Capsule%2C%20Before%20EVA.jpg
EVA%20start.jpg
Big%20Problems!.png
A%20little%20Illumination.png
A%20Cunning%20Plan.png
can%20jeb%20survive.jpg

Spook, great set of pics and story line !

I will eagerly awaiting the continuation of this story my friend...

thanks for the work involved in this upload..

Brian

I was working on part 3 but my external hdd failed, I am picking up a new one tomorrow, and I have a plan to recover the data on the one I have, it'll give me one last shot at recovering stuff, but rest assured there will be a part 3, can't leave jeb up there in a dead ship after all!

the%20plan.png

in all things there is always a risk, some higher than others, even more so when dealing with the greatest ocean of all, space.

Getting%20out%20and%20pushing.png

when setting up orbits, always remember, lowest point is periapsis, highest point apoapsis, if you forget this... you may never get home and be lost in the void forever.

Returning%20home.png

and so begins the most difficult journey of all. re-entry, this is the most dangerious part of space travel, too shallow and you will skip off the atmosphere to be lost forever, too steep and you burn up with nothing remaining.

6%20minutes.png

it takes aproximately six minutes to go through a communications blackout during re-entry, this has been a problem since the early days of the space program, everyone holds their breath as jeb enters the atmosphere, his trajectory set via his own Reaction Control Thrusters on his Extra Vehicular Activity suit.

A%20safe%20Return.png

but once you get past the flaming death of re-entry then so long as your parachute deploys home is almost a guarantee.

Home.png

Congratulations jeb, welcome back home.

this would be the first of many such journeys, the groundwork laid out by pioneers entering a new realm, taking them out into the black, and many would never come back.

TO BE CONTINUED...

I really love this concept. , of using pictures to do the bulk of telling the story.

Although I realize this is a more time consuming way to approach a story.

Well done Spooky and look forward to the continuation of this .. !!

Brian

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0