Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpookyZalost

Unable to post videos in fourms.

8 posts in this topic

so I've noticed that some users have this capabilities and some do not, for some reason when gafibla or scififan68 posts a YT link, it makes it into a video you can playback, but for me it just gives me the link... any idea why this might be?

I'm really just curious if I haven't done something right or maybe there's a glitch somewhere?

Thanks for the report.

Apparently, you need to insert a new line after the link to the video in order for it to embed.

just gave it a go, still no dice :( I'm not sure what's causing it either.

I tried a direct link, the link from the YT channel page share option, and an embedded link with I frames, nothing.

The link you'll need is just the URL to the page, for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8_tIXGFXo

followed by a new line results in this:

Edit: Just seen your latest post in your Youtube thread, it appears that there isn't a new line after the URL; adding one should embed the video :)

alright, I'm going to try again then?

I tried adding new lines and even put test on a few of them, maybe it's a misunderstanding somewhere?

forum issue.png

Right click the middle of your video, click "Copy video URL" press and hold ctrl+right click on the reply box, click "paste without formatting" then paste your link and press OK. Then just press enter until your video appears as so. This was the only way I was able to get your video's to show up. Every other video I have had no trouble with.

Whereas every other video all I have had to do was paste the link, and then press enter twice and it worked. I am not sure what is different with your videos my friend. :\

Glad I could help my friend. :) This new software is taking me a while to get used to, it's quite different than the 3.4.7 I was used to. :)