Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpookyZalost

should we bring back the seminars?

is there interest in bringing back the seminars?   6 members have voted

1. 1. is there interest in bringing back the simmania seminars?

• yeah I'd be interested
    • maybe, but only if there's actual content and contributions to it
    • nah, I'm not really all that interested
    • the seminars are dead, let them remain that way.
    • I don't care either way.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

so I know this is probably a strange question, but would anyone be interested in participating if the seminars were brought back?

there's a poll too if you don't feel like answering to the post.

and if they were brought back, what would you like to see discussed in them?

Yes , I am all for starting out with the idea of doing the first seminar as a- "history of all the past seminars at Simmania"

I think in order to do this effectively, Neal should be contacted about this idea since he did several of the seminars in the past..

brian

I think seminars should only be seriously brought back as forum posts, as a forum is a much better place for discussion of long and lengthy topics rather than a chat where it hogs the discussion for a very long time and people may get bored, rather than reading a post that takes them about 15 to 25 minutes to read and then formulating a reply based off of what they read.

see I recommended a separate room for it as far as the chat goes, with the actual seminar backed up in a forum post here.

I like Darvince's idea, it would make more sense I think. But It doesn't really matter to me if seminars are brought back, If you people are willing to put forth the work for it then I don't see much sense in discussing whether or not they should be brought back. Make one and see how it goes, things can easily be fixed. If there's not a lot of traffic maybe re-post the seminar in the forum or on ST afterwards to get more people interested in them.

I disagree, discussing them is important in seeing how best to structure them and seeing just what the community wants to see, it's been two years now since the last one so this is a fresh start.

I agree with God_donut, mostly because seminars are best done live really, it gets people to visit the site when they are going on, and such stuff... think of it like simmania's own version of the world's fair, only it happens on a set schedule.

it's my understanding that in about 3 months between 2 and 4 seminars will be done once a week over the course of that month, having them be done in sets every 3 months.
that gives time for setup and such so people don't feel too rushed.

outside of that the remaining question of who's interested in doing a seminar, and what topic do they want to do it on?

in which case they should post here:

Let me correct that earlier statement, over the course of a month between 2 and 4 seminars will be done, each one separated by between one to two weeks. starting 3 months from now, and up to 4 total over the course of a month, then 3 months will space out the next 2 to 4 seminars, and so on.