Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Acko

A Hello (And Goodbye)

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, do any of you remember me? XD It's been so long since i've visited SM. I apologize for such a long unannounced absence. I guess I ought to explain myself now...

My disappearance wasn't something that was completely unexpected, in fact it was inevitable it was going to happen. I have lost a lot of the passion I had for SM way back when because SM (and SimCity in general) has really taken a back seat when certain things in my life (namely, my religion and spirituality) took precedence. As these things took over I found myself no longer interested in visiting the site every living moment of my life. Thus, I gradually started disappearing, as days between visits turn into weeks, weeks into months, and months into the point where you have really forgotten about even thinking about checking the site every once in a while. Indeed, I have found new things to occupy my time, especially in the last year or so as I have become more and more invested into spirituality and religion (whether that's a good thing or not is up to you, but as far as I know it's the best path I could take.) So, after this Summer while I resolved myself to return to posting to SM regularly, I found myself having to force myself to do so and because of that, I felt that it was futile. I hope all of you understand where I am coming from here.

But anyways, I've said hello and explained myself. Before we get to the most important part of this post, I'd like to congratulate all of you guys for your longevity, to be honest I did not think Simmania was going to last much longer if y'all didnt find a breakout solution to get new members in, I thought everybody else was gonna eventually lose interest and fade away like I did. But alas, y'all have proved me wrong, and I am happy about that. 

So now for the final, and perhaps the saddest part of this message. I would now like to make my retirement from SM affairs official. I know I still have the moderator rank here and while that's good and all, I feel like since I am now officially moving on, my services as a moderator are no longer needed. (NOTE: While I am moving on, it doesn't mean I'm gonna lose all care for SM, I will be sure to visit every once and a while and check out how things are going.) I am electing for either someone else to take my position (whoever it is is up to you) or for the position to be retired, for now. I don't even require to be honored as 'retired staff', because really I don't deserve that that much because I kind of abandoned y'all. 

But anyways, enough with that, I guess that is my final goodbye and official retirement from Simmania. I will be sure to pop in time to time, but right now I am going to focus on other stuff in my life.

Best wishes, Aco.

You'd actually fit in quite well around here, as many members have taken a liking to the topic of spirituality and religion.

aco,

there is no question i miss my former florida chat friend !

I hope you fill follow through on your promise to visit us in chat on occassion

i know we all respect your decision and the why's of what your doing as detailed so eloquently in your farewellposting..

Acko!

I have missed you man! Remember our forum game wars? :P We had so much fun doing those, and the fun times spent in chat laughing at the smug emoji. that would always creep people out. R9IEaEj.gif 

We miss you around here, you have always fit in here are one of the most active members to have joined. You have done a lot for the site, and I appreciate the post updating us. I have been guilty of abandoning as well, so don't feel too bad. :) I understand life has a lot of things in it that prevent you from doing other things, so just do what makes you happy man.

It was really awesome to hear from you again, I really hope you join us in chat some night, we are in need of some good laughs. :)

Best of luck my good friend!

~Ceafus

Cheers Acko, I'm basically echoing the above posts but you'll absolutely be missed around here and I hope to see you around from time to time. Good luck,

Sam.

Hi Acko, glad to hear you're doing well, we missed you. I wish you be well in all your future endeavours.

Hey Acko, long time no see. Sad to see you go but these things will happen sooner or later. Wish you luck, and see you around.