Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pupper_donut

god_donut's CS

85 posts in this topic

Not an interchange, but a town I made on the new midwest map on the workshop. I probably will scrap it after 3 days like most of my cities though.

1.jpg

Ah, excellent little community! I like these small towns, I hope you keep with it! :D

I also hope you keep it to develop this quaint town because from the angle of the shot it looks incredible!

Actually it is very nice to see the smaller towns for a change in CS

we will have to see however if your in the mood for this to take off and go some place for you ;)

The plan is for it to evolve into a large city. However, I hope to maintain the quaint small-town feel throughout.

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Nice town, I like. That small river running through it is great. How'd you get such large farm fields? Did those come with the map?

Man these are such amazing pics of the town

I really had no idea that this game had this kinda realism in terms of the graphics !

i think when you do some of these closer zooms you really do justice to the incredible

graphics that this game has...

Holy other of C:S pics, I love the 4th and last one! :D Impressive little town. :D

Wow man, I wish I could build towns the way you do, they are just so nice! I don't think I find any picture better than the other, super nice job.

It's been a while since I've posted anything in here. I've started a new city (again) where I have designed a section of highway integrating a modified SPUI and a Y-split interchange including braided ramps. I am quite satisfied with how it turned out, although traffic levels are still quite low. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Neat looking interchange. I like how the city goes up the valley along the river.

stunning highway work here, Josh

it is good to see the "master of highways" back in action again ...

Love your new work , my friend ...

Yes, they do indeed look very fun to drive. The surrounding city looks very cool in these pictures, especially inside a valley.

You should find that U-Drive-It mod on the workshop and drive through your city

Back again with more highway upgrades. I recently rebuilt this section again to faciliate a downtown spur to relieve some downtown traffic congestion, and add additional capacity as the city population has more than doubled since the last set of pictures. This was a very major upgrade, and I am very pleased with the results.

First, a blueprint of sorts. I didn't entirely adhere to it, but for the most part this plan worked out quite well.

1.jpg

City before upgrades started:

2.jpg

A few construction pictures:

3.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

End result with landscaping in progress:

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

City after official completion. Much has changed, even in the relatively short time it took to build this new freeway:

15.jpg

The project was a success, as traffic in the downtown district flows much more smoothly. I forgot to take a photo of the traffic congestion map before I started work, however I can tell you that each of the streets downtown and most of the streets in uptown and surrounding areas were a solid red and would often get gridlocked, especially during the evening rush hour. No streets were changed, aside from the arterial which the downtown spur connects to. I find it interesting just how more and better access will improve traffic flow, especially direct freeway connections.

16.jpg

In any case, I have definitely been enjoying this city more than most other cities I've done, and I plan to continue expanding it until there's no more buildable land left or I hit one of the limits. Expect to see more pictures of this town in the future.

edit: I forgot to put in a night shot:

17.jpg

Josh , this was certainly one of your better updates here my friend :)

You provided a large number of informative pics.

I also always like the before and after pics as well as as the idea of doing some highway planning pics.

The construction pics were a good idea also. I have not seen too many of those with CS

The landscaping always adds a nice touch of course also..

Functionally, it looks like you did well with reducing the congestion in the area also.

Finally its great to hear that you are enjoying the game so much !

Wonderful pictures of a wonderful city. That construction shot of the dirt road and the overpass is neat.

Incredible update, I concur with the above responses, especially that you are enjoying this city more than others. Good traffic analyzing and response to the data.