Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pupper_donut

god_donut's CS

75 posts in this topic

Yes, I agree fully with Neal,...

The Highways in CS, have a far , far better look than is possible with simcity 4..

Josh has given us 3 pics, with there various views and angles which show this realism nicely by way of his highways.

Not much to say on this city journal but good work I plan to play cities skylines once I get my new gpu this week after the holidays :)

wow Josh, I really love the night pics + the close up shots of your highway there..

Very nice city, great pictures of the bridge and the ones with the distant city skyline.

The highway in the last shot is getting quite overcrowded..

1.jpg

I'm thinking of adding a rail line in the center of the highway as well as one additional highway lane each direction to mitigate this as traffic is bumper-to-bumper where this highway meets the cable stayed bridge as well as at the interchange for the highway leading to the airport. If I go through with this plan I'll post schematics and construction shots.

2.jpg

Your work in C:S is impeccable, I haven't seen anyone build networks with the realism you put into these. The heavy traffic gives it a more realistic sense. I wish my traffic was like this.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to your updates on this!

Josh, I really would love to see that rail in the center of the highway there

Has this ever been tried in CS before ?

Brian

I decided to spam one of my new cities with EF5 equivialant tornadoes and thunderstorms, here are some pictures:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Very nice Josh..

I have seen very little of disaster pics in CS..

So great set of pics here and thank for posting these..

Oh no, poor little city!

Where's the blue chirpernado at? :P

I've recently started working on a pre-made highway layout for a new city, here's a space-eating interchange and sunken stretch with el-rail over road through what will be the CBD: 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Wow josh !

Amazing pics here !

I didn't even realize you could do an el rail / road in CS.

Of course as you know we had that 1 in sc4

But your plans for the new highway system look grand. And it is nice your back to building highway systems again in CS..

I look forward to future postings as this develops..

Really liking the EL rail. It looks good, does it run regular train or a monorail mod of some sort? 

@bben Thanks, more will definitely be coming soon.

@7499275 It's regular CO rail. The No Pillars mod allows you to place it on top of other networks. Network Skins mod lets you change the supports to the overhead gate pillars.

This looks lovely! I look forward to seeing this progress!

@pupper_donut so.... With the no pillars mod you could very easily create a massive stack highway kinda like we seen in the RHW mod for Sim City 4. The only limitation being the height build limit on networks right?

Exquisite work, man! Have you tried working with the Metro Overhaul mod?

@7499275 You can construct such an interchange even without the No Pillars mod. The mod just makes building elevated networks easier than in vanilla C:S. Also @ the last question, yes.

@Aldini10 In the vanilla game how would it be possible to do the el rail without the no pillars mod? I don't see how it would work honestly. I just seen the pillars constantly hitting the road not allowing it. Although I haven't tried it myself yet... Might fire up CS tonight haha. 

@7499275 To my knowledge, the vanilla game does not allow networks to be placed onto other networks. A mod such as Sharp Junction Angles (with built in Road Anarchy mod) is required. However, I've found that SJA does not allow pillars to be placed over road networks even with Anarchy turned on. This is where NoPillars is needed. Network Skins lets you change the pillar to something that isn't positioned right on top of the network below :P