Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pupper_donut

AJAX Chat Improvements: Command List, Including Custom Commands, and More

20 posts in this topic

ALL DEFAULT AND CUSTOM COMMANDS IN SIMMANIA CHAT (as of 3/7/16)

Statuses:

/stat status - Used to set a status on your username. The status will be put in brackets next to your username and the status will be announced through the chatbot. You can set up to two statuses at once. To unset ONE of those statuses, run /stat status - status being the status you want to remove. To remove all statuses, see /rstat

/rstat - Removes all statuses set with /stat. If you have two statuses set, this command will remove BOTH of them. To unset one status and one only, see the additional information on /stat

/cstat - Shows which statuses are currently set. Mainly for diagnostics purposes.

/afk - Set an [afk] status on your username. Removes itself automatically when you post something else in chat after going /afk. Don't try to use it multiple times because it won't do anything.**

Stupid Stuff:

/nonsense - Posts one of 150-something completely random messages through the chatbot*

/titanic - Posts random titanicbuff quotes**

/leo - Posts random SpookyZalost quotes**

/donut - Posts random god_donut quotes**

/ban user - Is user getting on your nerves? Ban them! Available to all users.*

Username Registration:

/register password - Used to register your username. This is still in early development, and doesn't do much at the moment other than make your username display black instead of gray (or white instead of gray on black themes.) Once complete, it will do more than this :icon_razz:

(removed the register command because it decided to stop working)

Other Useful Stuff:

/last user - Check how long ago and what time user said something, as well as the message user posted. Available to all users.

For chat mods:

/takeover text - Will post a message with custom text through chatbot.*

/warn user - Sends a warning to user*

/whois user - Obtain IP address of user

/kick user time  - Kicks user for time

/announcement text - Send an announcement through the chatbot.*

Coming Soon:

AFK Statuses: AFK statuses will be added in the near future, available by using /afk status. This is similar to regular statuses (using /stat) but will also put your afk on at the same time. On your username, it will look like: [afk-status]. When you post something again, the afk status will remove itself. 

Other Improvements Coming Soon:

Image Auto-resizing: Soon embedded images will be automatically resized to a reasonable scale to make image embedding viable.

Please feel free to reply below with suggestions for custom commands that you'd like to see!

-gd

*Credit goes to Blake

**Partial credit goes to Blake

I was testing these commands and it seems that it does not remove [Away] after you send something, at least not for me.

Josh , thanks so much for adding these new chat commands..

and also I would like to thank Aldini for testing these as well..

Awesome! :D I knew as soon as I saw your post in the IRC or Ajax chat board, this might happen! I am glad you went through with it! :D Thanks!

Updates:

New command: /stat allows you to set a custom status on your username. Format: /stat yourtext. The command isn't complete yet, so to remove it use /nick yourname

Removed /away for now.

Very bare-bones nickname registration is now implemented. The command instructions have been added to the OP, as always. I'll continue working on it to improve and finalize the registration feature and post updates here. Also, other plans are posted up above, including auto-resizing embedded images and finding out how long ago a user posted something.

These are all fantastic what you have added here josh

thanks for making the chat room a more enjoyable experience for all of us my friend !

I've changed some theme stuff per requests.

• Emoticons no longer overlap the text box.
  • Input field border is easier to see on dark_donut, per TC's suggestion.
  • Red version of dark_donut, per Omni's suggestion. The original orangish-brown version is still there however.

I'll be working on some more commands and re-implementing registration soon.

2 hours ago, god_donut said:
  • Emoticons no longer overlap the text box.

Holy cow, thanks a ton for this one! It was irritating to say the least.

Thanks for all this Josh,

sounds like a lot of great things were accomplished here ..

Thanks everyone, here's a new command:

• /last user - Check how long ago and what time user said something, as well as the message user posted. Available to all users.

The new command is a little glitchy for checking messages posted several hours or days ago, however I plan to try to fix this in the future.

Next I'll be working on automatically re-sizing images. This has so far proven to be very complicated and tricky because javascript keeps wanting to automatically scale the images to fit the viewport. Despite entirely removing the JS code that does this it still tries to resize it there automatically by applying an inline style, which can't be overridden in the global CSS files. Once I find out what's causing this images will be resized automatically to a width of 360px and the height will be set proportionately.