Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riiga

Changing the date format

11 posts in this topic

Way back on the previous version of the forum you could change the date format, but I can't seem to find that option anymore, so I would ask for such a feature to be introduced. Especially the AM/PM on time stamps and the order of the day, month and year on profile pages is very confusing, I don't have the slightest if it's MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY. Hovering over "9 hours ago" give the exact time in US format which is unreadable to me.

If I'm not mistaken the ability to change date formats was removed at some point after IPS4.x. Perhaps samerton might know more than I do.

I agree, I also find the US format hard to read. I've installed the plugin you mention, however that only lets me set a global format, so I've changed it to a non-ambiguous format (eg 1 Jan 2016), hopefully that helps.

Unfortunately the plugin used has caused issues elsewhere on the site, so I've had to disable it. Until there's an alternative available, the dates will have to remain in US format.

Just out of curiosity, is this is reason why we cannot update user info on our profiles? or is that an IPB bug they need to get worked out?

7 hours ago, Ceafus 88 said:

Just out of curiosity, is this is reason why we cannot update user info on our profiles? or is that an IPB bug they need to get worked out?

Exactly, now the plugin's been disabled you should be able to edit your details again. If you're still having issues, make sure there is a month set for your birthday.

Thank you so much Sam! :D Halfway through the month, and I finally can change Purple to Red. :D