Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carlzilla

Rennmont County

38 posts in this topic

Nice update! I love them all.

4 hours ago, Carlzilla said:

I actually wrote a mod that allowed for toll booths to collect money. The only caveat is that the amount is figured from the total amount of cars on the map, because there's no efficient way to figure out how many cars are on a particular type of road. 

I thought the Traffic Report Tool could do this, however I know nothing of coding so sorry if I seem too silly.

10 hours ago, Aldini10 said:

Nice update! I love them all.

I thought the Traffic Report Tool could do this, however I know nothing of coding so sorry if I seem too silly.

It very well may, but I haven't figured out a way to do it that is efficient. Remember, Traffic Tool does it once, on command, a mod like the toll booth one would have to do it every single simulation step update. It also requires the use of a mod that was broken in the last update and hasn't been updated, the Building/Asset AI changer. Without this, it's pretty useless, as it's a custom building AI.

I played for about 6 hours today...so I have a rather large update coming. Anyone figure out what the upcoming big project was based on the last set of photos?

I hadn't been down to Hemdale since taking the pictures of the farming area with the crops growing, but apparently, after they were ready for harvest, traffic started to get BAD on that fancy raised roundabout interchange. It was backed up for miles. This required immediate remedy, so I set out to exchange the interchange with something that would handle the traffic better. This is what I came up with...
6172B774427B871C53B1FEA7D679BC1094F71DA7

It handles all the traffic the area throws at it pretty decently.

On the way back home, my driver took a wrong turn and we ended up over by the rail yard. It's really the first time I've been over there in a long time. It's completely full up now, and working very efficiently in getting goods to and from Rennmont County.

5E64D83F967A332F6B9D8D1E597C1BE94B69141C

I have received word from the Governor that he's actually mulling the idea of asking me to put a cargo port to the south of the rail yard, still just hearsay at this point though. I'd definitely be up to the task though.

If you look at the picture I took of the checkpoint at the rail yard, you'll see the "easter egg" in the background, that being the primordial CBD, Renault Park. Here's another early stage photo:
894FA461A011A08A6904F3CF9C84836C8736BED0

We enticed lots of bigger business by lowering office and commercial taxes. Right now we're flush with cash, so taking a hit on the income isn't killing us (yet).

Here's another excellent photo of Renault Park at night...
90AD805FE0CBF0B8D56CC8F5A47E9C57714D5C82

It looks so nice lit up like that.

The influx of office jobs demanded a much higher level of education than many residents of Rennmont County had, which prompted us to commission an accredited university. This was a major project, and took time away from further developing Renault Park, which may have been a good thing, as doing this first allowed citizens to get their education squared away before we threw more jobs their way. The university was christened Emerson University. We're still deciding on a  mascot for the university, but here's a picture of the main campus. You can see the college even has it's own sports arena off to the right.
489FE1D7F04ACB26C9B969DEB3D598FED2C5B5B0

The university caused a suburb to spring up, in what seemed like overnight, we called the new suburb Burnsborough. Burnsborough then gives way to a new high density residential area Emerson Park, which quickly turned into an upperclass neighborhood housing over 34,000 residents. Here's a photo or two of the new neighborhoods.
B95E2076D33E99B9C83D026ACCEE88589D8A4A08

04489A5F8D86025B7058688AF7670C4B34998D0E

Here's a more recent shot of Renault Park, it's grown up quite a bit since the previous picture.
C53EE0104327C41F55217AEB146D71D7D16FC0B0

Here's a shot of the Rennmont Regional Hospital, located in the heart of Renault Park.
6A09BB29D7ED928BD67126C5000E7C66BCED2A67

Don't worry, I wasn't visiting for anything serious, just wanted to get a shot of the skybridges between the two hospital buildings.

Since I generally leave you guys with one of these, here's an aerial shot of the developed region so far...
AA252F28E70F79C35DBA92ED6014D8D9840499ED

Pretty nice, eh?

I love the symmetrical look of that cloverleaf! And that's an awfully big population for that little residential area.

I like the way the poor people's neighborhood looks like something out of the former communist countries.

Thanks for yet another fantastic assortment and variety of pics with this update..

I like how you provide meaningful descriptions of your pics. But you also cover the more

important aspects of the game through your diversified selection of pics you choose for your updates .

Brian

Thanks guys. CO just updated the game about 4 or 5 days ago and broke just about every mod in existence in the process. I'm waiting for all the ones I find important to be updated before I load up the game again.

I usually don't mind, but this update dealt almost entirely with MacOS and Linux stuff, and since I'm a Windows user, it did almost nothing for me except for break my mods.

I may start up a Guild 2: Renaissance journal in the mean time...

Aw :( I hate to hear that, you are doing such a lovely job on these cities! I wish the best for you! I can't wait to see your other journal! :D 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0