Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nilo7

Nilo7's Skylines (or lack thereof)

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!  As many of you know, I am a fan of SC4 and Skylines!  This time, I am hoping to showcase to you some of my most recent Skylines works.  As some of you might know, I am a transit guy, so prepare for some transit-heavy cities!  Oh, and also prepare for my commentary. :icon_razz:

I apologize in advance for the amount of grain in the pictures - I'm going to fiddle with the graphics settings for the next update.  I thought it had a vintage feel, which I thought was alright for a smaller town.  But.. some of the quality is not so good.  Pointers are welcome for taking pictures as well as for city building! :)

First off, let's get a feel for the city with an overview showing our first two bus lines.  Route 2 (yellow) connects the western residential portion of the city to the eastern industrial district.  Route 4 (green) connects the business district to the residential district and to Route 2 on the west side.

FC6i8R0.png

From day one, our fire services were overworked!  A fire in the industrial district.. maybe this is excusable!

FcAaEkJ.jpg

But at the high school?!

anpnufm.jpg

It took a full 3 minutes in real-life time for the engines and pumpers to show up.. that's a lot of waiting for me. :icon_razz:

.... And they didn't exactly come in the nick of time..

QJYcWX1.jpg

Quick!  Let's hop on the news helicopter... seems like they came even later than the fire trucks.. no more fire here, guys! :icon_razz:

lE0XZOk.jpg

How about a nice relaxing view from the football field before we draw this first update to a close.  Ah, so tranquil... for the time being, right? ;)

qXPOWMW.jpg

But the hustle and bustle of city life can never be too far around the corner.  (P.S. that sure is a nice high school! B))

vDfYefX.jpg

Until next time (and that's pretty soon),

Nilo7

Hey Neal  !! B)

Some very unique CS pics here to be sure my friend..

In fact i think this is the first time I have seen fire disaster pics posted.

They are most impressive indeed !

Aldini + Josh , have been working on me a bit trying to get me to buy city skylines..

I am sure i will at some point. Right now I am still active in SC4 as you know with rail city..

Anyways, it is great to see you back posting again in a CJ..

and keep those pic updates coming my friend :D

Brian

A very nice start to your thread! I really like the commentary on your cityscapes and such, it adds the life and humor to an otherwise colorful image. :D I will be back for more updates.

Indeed, I feel @bben would see the interest in having CS, but we bombard him enough with images and descriptions that he may not even need it at all! :P

18 hours ago, bben said:

Hey Neal  !! B)

Some very unique CS pics here to be sure my friend..

In fact i think this is the first time I have seen fire disaster pics posted.

They are most impressive indeed !

Aldini + Josh , have been working on me a bit trying to get me to buy city skylines..

I am sure i will at some point. Right now I am still active in SC4 as you know with rail city..

Anyways, it is great to see you back posting again in a CJ..

and keep those pic updates coming my friend :D

Brian

Thank you very much; I'll try to include some more in the future.  And, Skylines is addictive, better not get too close to it. :icon_razz:  But, in all honesty, it's gotten very far in terms of mods, and it's only been out one year.  It lacks some of the quantitative-based data that we loved in SC4, but that may come in time.

18 hours ago, Aldini10 said:

A very nice start to your thread! I really like the commentary on your cityscapes and such, it adds the life and humor to an otherwise colorful image. :D I will be back for more updates.

Indeed, I feel @bben would see the interest in having CS, but we bombard him enough with images and descriptions that he may not even need it at all! :P

Thanks very much!  I'll keep adding the commentary; I'm glad someone thinks it's funny and not too cheesy. :D  We'll get Brian to play soon enough! :icon_razz:

8 hours ago, pupper_donut said:

Nice start. What mods are you using (if any?)

That's a good question! Quite a few actually.  I am using some various building assets, many of which are high rises.  The high school featured in the update can be found here.  The football field featured can be found here. Any other questions about specific assets you have, please ask!  For some mods, I am using: Network Extensions Project for some more road options; the Terraform ToolRandom Tree Rotation, which is good for realistic forests; Prop and Tree Anarchy is useful for placing them almost anywhere; and Surface Painter can also add some realism on the terrain front. 

Traffic++ allows some advanced traffic options; Sharp Junction Angles allows some very tight interchanges; The Prop Line Tool allows you to place props in a line like a road (straight, curved) and is really great for items like fences and bushes. You can also change the interval between props!  Lastly, Precision Engineering helps plan roads and networks.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! :)

1 hour ago, Ceafus 88 said:

Awesome update :D I like the fire shots xD

Thanks much!  They seem to be a big hit; I'll have to include more. :icon_razz: