Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nilo7

Sid Meier's Game Night

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!!

Brian and I got to thinking that we should restart the age old tradition of playing a nice friendly game of Civ 5!  If you would like to play, let us know!  Also, what times would work best for you guys?  Just drop a quick comment and we can get the ball rolling!

May the odds be ever in your favor! :icon_razz:

Neal.

Thanks for your post my friend...

Well as i told you in chat , game nights at Simmania are still Fridays starting at 3 Pm and continuing through the night,

So that would be the obvious options,

But if people who want to play Civ 5 on a server can get together on any day and time, I am of course open to this option as well..

First we need to see what interest there still is in civ 5 from a community perspective i think.

I'd be interested.

How would the games be set up? Is there a way to take turns in extended time, say like logging in quick once a day, to keep the game going? Then the games would speed up on nights all players have free time to play constantly. I'm just bringing this up since civ games are so long, and I can't promise to be here if other things come up. Doing that would let us all keep playing even if one player has to do something for the day. I've never played Civ multiplayer before so I know nothing.

But anyways I'm usually free any afternoon-night.

I have good news here,

Greg has agreed to join our

Sid Meier's Game Night

This brings our total of active player to 4 !

Neal, we await further instructions from you my friend ?

Well would everybody be okay with coming in tomorrow afternoon or evening?  

I'm very glad we have a new person to play with!

Neal,

your involvement has really given game night a boost !

Not only do we have the idea of civ 5 server which has attracted a fair amount of interest, but in addition last night

we also had a lot of interest for playing chess with each other than everyone seemed to enjoy !

Today is game night , and I look forward to all these new activities where we do things with "friends" rather than play 'solo" games all the time ..

Game nights officially start at 3 PM every friday afternoon and continue late int the night ( well into early saturday mornings )  :icon_razz:

Tonight sounds like a good night for you to set up the Civ 5 server, and we can give it a go !

Hope to see you in chat later today...

thanks again for being a key member and motivator for all of us on behalf of Simmania,

Brian

brian: any luck with the game nights?

I'm sorry the civ V game had so many bugs, I talked to a friend of mine who actually personally knew one of the guys who worked on Civ V and well suffice to say firaxis never intended to fix that multiplayer bug we kept experiencing since it would require a deep re-write of the game.

so that's that I guess, but with Civ VI out/coming out maybe we can all get a copy of that and try a multiplayer match?

would be great on a day when we are all available.

yes , that has been my plan for game nights..

I was thinking we can just wait until enough players have bought Civ 6, than try all of this again..

As long as people out there want to give this another shot that is ?

thanks for your post... Leo

brian: well alpha centauri is still an option if anyone wants to try, it's cheap on gog and everyone could play it.

an affordable and fun alternative until more people get CIV VI

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0