56 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Ceafus 88 said:

Nice updates! I wouldn't want to breathe that air though. :P

Why not? haha it isn't any worse than China :P 

XCnBOdJ.jpg 

GxQiDvy.jpg

wow Rocky !!

Nice update,,,

this looks outstanding what you have built here my friend..

Rain shows up very well in CS also.. I really like the look on it..

Yeah I've eased most of the traffic in the rest of the city except for a few spots. So I figured I'd try this design with more roundabouts in a new section and space intersections out as far as possible. Now I'm waiting on GD to show me how to time the traffic lights cause I have one intersection that can be solved with changing the timing on the lights. 

Nothing like smog being across the highway :P I can't wait to see the zone grow though!

Next Chapter: 

3VWt8as.jpg 

ncrwB96.jpg 

Using bus lines I managed to ease the traffic off of the intersections and roundabouts even more! It's all green! Now I'm gonna try running some bus lines crossing the highway to try and ease the ramps up a little bit. 

X9CMeB8.jpg 

c44VLJl.jpg 

Added a space shuttle launch site with fuel tanks (aka water tanks :P ) a doppler radar station and deep space radar. Along with multiple fire brigades. 

hwr7snl.jpg 

Lastly because of the extreme traffic back up on the roads and rails I added a new industrial zone and plans to dezone part of the old industrial area. 

ya still some pretty bad traffic in there to challenge you to do something about it..

But I do not consider the congestion very bad as has been the case with some of my cities..

otherwise, you posted another great set of CS pics.. so thanks !

You need more and more industry! Just kidding but I like the way this is progressing. :)

Well the whole goal with this new industrial zone is 1. to add more to the city and 2. to take stress of the roads of the other industrial zone by relocating business pretty much. 

7 hours ago, 7499275 said:

2. to take stress of the roads of the other industrial zone by relocating business pretty much. 

Okay , I like this idea, and i am looking forward to your next update as to if this will have the desired effect of traffic reduction in the congested areas you showed in your pics..

So I went to go build some more when a 8.7 tornado (I really which CS used real life scales for disasters...) struck the city. And no my pictures aren't as nice as Josh's :P

eEM6z93.jpg 

G4OtMXs.jpg 

hNB8IlU.jpg 

FLOFxdg.jpg 

WBtdoz4.jpg 

O53tO8y.jpg 

3 hours ago, pupper_donut said:

Oh no! Was it a random disaster or spawned?

Random, I haven't got rid of the old NEM and got the new one yet. Also I found out that if you have the old NEM you can't repair roads once a tornado destroys them. Still annoys me that the DRU doesn't take care of that aspect. 

Rocky,

thanks for posting a nice assortment of disaster pics.

This compliments nicely the earlier postings that josh did..

Now after a few mod changes and fixing of things I'm back. The industrial relocation program is a success so far. Taking some of the industry out of the original location and moving it down stream is working out quite well. Also expanding beside the rail road tracks. However I really like the look of development along river banks. So I MIGHT develop a CBD type of area near the cruise ship harbor to allow for tourist income. 

wDQxS7h.jpg 

hsR3vs9.jpg 

T5UHux7.jpg 

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention the population has hit a personal milestone for me, over 100,000. My goal for this city in paticular is to get over 1 million and than blow it all to hell with disasters and start a new city with new challenges. I might go island hoping with only low desnity zoning to see what I can accomplish with disasters.

Rocky,

I would really love to see you start on that CBD.. Perhaps, the city has reached the stage your ready to at least get something started along those lines ?

Otherwise as far as traffic congestion issues go, it looks like mostly you just have that one main corridor that looks pretty congested..

Tornadoes! :D I love it! 1 million then destroy? Why though?

On 1/6/2017 at 4:54 PM, Ceafus 88 said:

Tornadoes! :D I love it! 1 million then destroy? Why though?

Mainly because my CPU is already not liking the city. So I'm trying to play in sorter bursts to keep it a little cooler. I can only imagine what kind of performance I will get reaching 1 million people. Why keep it? lol I have this forum thread to keep its legacy alive :P

Decided to fire up Cities Skylines and this is the mess I'm INSTANTLY thrown into. 

yHrpDwf.jpg 

SL41CPZ.jpg

haSzvqt.jpg

rI96XNq.jpg 

Now due to a lot of traffic hitting my current business area's I am going to try and create a central business district. This district will also hopefully hold monuments and other tourists attractions so that most of the traffic in and out will be public transport. If not I'm hoping the road ways that are gonna be designed (still a work in progress) will be able to handle the load. 

ccPTNBQ.jpg

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition (tsunami)! I just noticed you're up to 124k citizens. Nice!

wow rocky,

that is quite an accomplishment the 124 K population in :CS

For that game, that is getting up there for sure.. so congrats there..

I really like the idea also for getting moving on a more dedicated CBD at this point,

given the city size now. I know you will keep us updated on this interesting aspect of your city's growth stages.

Also, a nice series of pics there , depicting one of the better disaster scenes in CS

Lets jump aboard the cruiseship :P

Your population is about to shrink with that tsunami! Nice update though, I look forward to more!

Being on that ship would have been one hell of a ride! 

Actually my population did not shrink any because the way that the river sits it only went about a block and a half inland at most. Only had to rebuild 3 buildings with it.