Sign in to follow this  
mayorm

The Official ST Is Down Thread

Hello everyone,

I decided to change the Unions board into the Other Sites board. Being that Simtropolis is down at this time I took the liberty of making this so that we don't have to start millions of "Is ST down?" or "ST Down!!!!" threads.

K50    1

Can you elaborate? I'm not really getting it :P Usually "ST IS DOWN!!!" appears in a chat more than a forum (with the exception of city journal replies)

ST is down for 18 hours and counting. When I tried to access the site, but it says:

Oops! ************ could not connect to www.simtropolis.com

Try reloading: www.­simtropolis.­com

Additional suggestions:

Access a cached copy of www.­simtropolis.­com

Search on **********

Then I found something that says 'Driver Error' hours ago...

I have had no issues logging in lately. Maybe it's just my computer or something, or it's back up now.

Simtropolis does seem to go down, then back up, then down a few minutes later, then back up, etc... a lot though. It's a bit annoying, but I guess it is what it is.

It seems that the ST hacking just goes on and on...

We haven't had too many problems here at Simmania yet, LOL, but that's partly because it's a small community. We recently had one spam bot come, and it was banned just yesterday, and led to the Inkeeper rule that Mayorm added to the rules. Other than that, Simmania has been very clear from that junk. 26721.gif

I don't think it's going to be a big update, maybe just something behind the scenes. ST7 has just been released only a few months ago, and so they can't be updating again.

LOL I'm getting

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Web Server at simtropolis.com

Here we go again.

Logged 3:32 PM

The connection has timed out. The server at www.simtropolis.com is taking too long to respond. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.