Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pupper_donut

pupper's Minecraft Pictures

47 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I've posted in here. Here's a picture from a survival world me and TC have been working on...

1.jpg

On the left is my mining base, storeroom, farms, and house (inside the hill). In the center is the spawn village of Golden (yes, you actually spawn right in the middle of the village), and to the far left where the dirt trail is headed is TC's base, which is hidden from view because it's inside a ravine.

Josh,  it is great to see both you and TC continuing to work together in MC..

Either of your guy's output is some of the best quality MC pics we have here really.

Brian

Here's my automatic minecart loader/unloader on the same map:

1.jpg

The cart stops on a powered rail above the hopper. The cart then unloads into the hopper which empties into the chest underneath it. Once the hopper is empty, the comparator you see turns off, setting off a redstone sequence that activates the powered rail, sending the cart back into the mines for another load.

2.jpg

This one is slightly more complicated. Once the cart in the first picture is done unloading, it'll come down here, and stop on top of that powered rail. As of now, the reason the powered rail is active is because the chest and hopper are both empty. Once those have items in them, the powered rail will turn off, forcing the cart to stop. When the hopper has items in it (indicating that a cart is loading), the redstone block (the deep red, sparkly looking block) is pushed by a piston. This causes the redstone sequence that activates the powered rail to shut off, forcing the cart to stop. When the hopper is empty (meaning the cart is completely loaded), the redstone block is retracted, activating the sequence again, thus activating the powered rail, and sending it up out of the mines to the unloader. 

The entire process repeats infinitely. If there isn't anything at the auto loader to load into the cart, it just automatically goes back up to the unloader again, and then gets sent back down to the loader again. This makes it so that you don't have to leave the mines in order to put away surpluses of cobblestone or other mining byproducts because your inventory is full. The system takes care of it automatically.

Josh this is all quite amazing what you have accomplished here.

I am especially impressed with your second loader system. Both the complexity of it and the creativity of your design.

Fabulous work here my friend !

Brian

Here's a rail station. Right now it goes between the village and TC's base, but will also eventually serve Marsh's keep. You can see my mines base (acacia and cobblestone) in the background behind the trees.

2.jpg

This is fantastic Josh !

Very rare to see transit stations in MC.

I hope you continue to expand upon this concept further..

Brian

It's been several months since I've posted anything in here, but I finally have something worth showing! I've been playing on TC's Realms server as well and hope to have some photos from there soon. In the meantime, on a custom map in creative mode, I've built a suspension bridge.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I have ambitions to build a suspension bridge on TC's server, however each span would be over twice as long and the bridge would be taller from sea level to the top of each tower. It would also be narrower (2 meters across instead of 4) and primarily carry rail traffic. However, since this would be built in survival mode, it will be a HUGE undertaking, and will take a long time to collect building materials and perhaps longer to actually build.

This bridge's main span is 132 meters (that's 132 blocks). The three spans suspended from the towers total 264 meters, and the bridge from end to end (including the ramps on either side which are standard beam spans) is 435 meters, and the total roadway length, from ground level to ground level on either side is 493 meters.

Josh,

you sure did have some new pics to show !

These are the best pics ive seen out of the mine craft game

Seriously, I about fell outta my chair when i saw the suspension bridge pics..

It is amazing how far this game has advanced over the years...

Josh,

ya maybe not quite as flashy as your first bridge,

but on the other hand your showing remarkable versatility with these so far :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0