Sign in to follow this  
Logginin

IL's BAT Thread

I merged all of the posts into 2 posts, but please, next time, use the icon_edit_en.gif button, and try to refrain from double posting, and really try to avoid triple and quadruple posting .

Other than that, the buildings look good, can't wait for more. 26721.gif

Thanks, now guess how did I make the BAT.

It's simply a textured box, I didnt think that it would look good :P

What stats should this BAT have? Like water pollution and garbage, and the number of jobs provided, help.

An ugly model and textures, that's what I think of this:

9VmsUom.jpg

What do you think?

& if it is good, is it good ennuf to be sold? (it have real life dimentions in meters, and almost the same real-life details)

to better understand it, the lowest point in that building in this picture is around 1,5 meters in height.

The thing is, I want textures, and maybe using lights if needed to make it look like the real life building.

This BAT is a water gate, it should be fitted infront of mountain (and some other manupulations to show later) to make it look like if a water bridge is groing threw the mountain, I'll also try to make it functional.

Some parts of this BAT will be eaten by the mountain, it would be like a prop on a 1x1 tile, while this BAT is 4x4 or more, it's current height is around 90 meters.

& it's not done yet, more textures to make, and more details:

ZRbNWBV.jpg

mQb9O0S.jpg

You can say it's a big BAT, help will be very appreciated, any ideas or suggestions (esspecially that front side containing the big arch)? texutres...suggestion?

the x pillars are better than the cylindrical one, I tryed them, however, reducing the size of the pillars made an improvement.

Now I added some better textures.

and what is left is the roof, what do you suggest for it?

-making some small mountains to fit right in the mountains, will make some problems, like for who are using texture mods (terrain mods) for simcity4, so I can't find a texture that fit with all.

-making it filled with dirty, and grass, maybe some bushes too.

-keep it tiled (choosing a rock texture tiles).

-make a a small building like the ones on the side, aside the other options above.

-...?

I'm trying to use the least possible polygons for now, 3dsmax is starting to go slow.

Does anyone know how to make lights in 3dsmax light up only at night? in gmax, we add nitelite_ to the lights we want them to turn on only at night.

I personally think I should just resize them and relocate them abit, or maybe delete the big one, and leave the small building and relocate it in the place of the current big building on the roof right now.

pvmSecN.jpg

It is now mainly finished, what's left is night lights, but I don't know how to do that in 3dsmax, unlike gmax, you can't just add nitelite_ and go on, does anyone know how to make lights only light up at night?

26721.gif

ok sure, but dont give up !

You have a lot of ability and talent for this

I really love everything I have seen from you..

really appreciated what you have brought to this batting team !

thanks, Brian