Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Acko

Aco's First MC World Tour

92 posts in this topic

That would be pretty awesome, yeh. Anyways, here's a world download, for those who want a world tour, and to verify I'm not a cheater :P: https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&authuser=0#folders/0B-ywRkTKwZN3UVFMdDFDSDlIbUU (You'll have to select them all and click more, and download. It'll zip it for you. And it may take a while.)

Woo! Surprises! I like Surprises :P

I will load it up later tonight, when I get my Minecraft fixed up again, then I can start posting my own adventures in this thread.

Well, it seems like it, because now this is mainly bickering about minecraft in a thread that's becoming increasingly long instead of me giving you a world tour (I'll still show pics of my world, though).

Because, I'm no longer giving you a world tour, just occasional screenies. Plus, this is becoming the longest thread in the board, so I figured it could be that general thread. (You may split them if you think it's better)

The Minecraft save feature? All I know is it saves all the time, which is helpful, but when something bad happens, there is no save and exit. :P

Well, that is kind of inefficient too. But I'm talking about the same format. For example, the game saves each chunk (16x16x128 square) as an individual file. I think that's very inefficient, as if your world is for example, 10,000 blocks each direction, then your folder can get quite cluttered.

Oh wow, I did not know that. Does that mean you can insert other worlds into another worlds, and just mix and match. :P

I don't know if it's exactly how it works. But I think I'll try that. The chunk files of every world are identically named, (rx.x.mca), so it should work without mcedit. That's pretty interesting to try, though.

EDIT: I just did some testing. It seems the game overwrites these files if they are copied from one map to another, even if they are marked as read-only. That's impossible, because read-only files cannot be rewritten. So it must be more complicated than just copying the region files from one map to another. BTW, the .mca files are groups of 32x32 chunks, not the chunks themselves. Sorry for the misinformation :P

Yeah, that's why I was saying. I don't want to buy a server just to find out nobody will play on it. Anyways, my last UHC was terrible. I only lasted 40mins in. I accidentally burned myself with lava. I was trying to place a torch down, but instead of a torch in my hotbar, I had lava. So I right clicked and well, burned myself to death. No water either D: