bben

transit mania- ville

532 posts in this topic

Thanks, to everyone's comments :D

Ocean view, now has its first residents.. = 671 sims

So for this update I thought i would show my overall zoning plans for this city, in the form of a zone layout pic.

In addition , i have constructed the location of the main transit corridor which splits the long narrow city into 2- halves.

So the pic first and than i will provide further explanations -

XdXAPz.jpg

As one can see from my pic the city is split up into 10 total zoning areas,

so 4 of these at the ends of the map will be a mix of farms, industrial areas and commercial services .. these are the IND + C areas

4 more have been dedicated to residential areas, and are designated on my pic as either R 1, or R 2..

And than this leaves the 2 center boxes for areas which will have the main CBD with possibly some commercial services mixed in ..These are the CBD + C areas

The main transit corridor ( which runs the length of the entire city tile ), for the time being is comprised of 2 outside rail lines ( RRW) + a centralized  RHW- 2, which will of course need to be widened and updated as the city grows + develops over time.

Than finally on the ocean side, i will have the option later on of expanding those land areas out into the water.

I like the way you have this all laid out for us, I do look forward to seeing how you implement various transit types in the corridor. Are you planning on having a large amount of El Rail, Rail, or highways?

I really like the way you got it planned out too Brian! I'm personally kinda curious on what highway system you are gonna come up with for this city haha

This is, indeed, an interesting blueprint for the development of that rather linear city.

I am curious about which method you use for land-filling the terrain that is under water. Do you go into god-mode for that?

On 1/11/2017 at 0:03 PM, pierreh said:

This is, indeed, an interesting blueprint for the development of that rather linear city.

I am curious about which method you use for land-filling the terrain that is under water. Do you go into god-mode for that?

Thanks for your Q , Pierre..!

No actually I build in mayor mode..

Because in this case with the money cheat installed, i have just about unlimited funds to work with for the city..

Ocean View has reached its first population milestone having surpassed 10 K

Population is 13,300

So i thought i would show how the area near the future proposed CBD are coming along..

Right now farms are expanding quickly and popping up all over the place..

The city currently employs 443 farm workers.., which works out to be a rounded off estimate of  about 10 % of the total work force..

4KUEsz.jpg

The transit corridors ( TC ), have been opened up for new farms now.

And there is heavy farm development also in the proposed CBD areas, where they also act as " place - holders" for future CBD development

Finally both R1 + R2 areas are increasing fairly quickly in density and populations ..

Ocean View reached 25, 000 !!

Ocean View Population = 27.400

Ocean View is now at its peak in its evolution/ development . in terms of its city wide agricultural / Farm phase..

qsf0SE.jpg

UxxUwR.jpg

Farms have now expanded in the city to the point where they take up = 6,400 tiles
and also farm workers have now increased city - wide = 1.385 workers , which now works out to be about 13.7 % of the total city's work force ..

Farms are likely at there peak development and output , as the city begins its transition into urbanism..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor