bben

transit mania- ville

575 posts in this topic

Nice work, I cannot wait to see how things develop around it as well as how the stations will affect it.

Ocean View Surpasses   ( 330,000) Population

Clayton thanks for your comment !

The population has really started to go through another big increase period.

I am thinking it has to be due in part to the new area of the city which has been built to test the RTMT , 3 Tile wide stations -

Lq067z.jpg

Sorry to butt in, Brian, with a comment that has more to do with the RTMT stations testing than with the development of your city: in the picture of your last post, the station on the right is a bus+subway combo for AVE-6, rather than for TLA-7, right?

9 hours ago, pierreh said:

Sorry to butt in, Brian, with a comment that has more to do with the RTMT stations testing than with the development of your city: in the picture of your last post, the station on the right is a bus+subway combo for AVE-6, rather than for TLA-7, right?

Yes, I have a mix of testing environments and stations involving at times both the TLA-7 + AVE- 6 stations..

I also have better news this morning Pierre, in that I have made further progress regarding the AVE- 6 regular stations :o

I now have the Subway AVE- 6 subway station fully function and with underground subway square quite visible...

More details later on in our usual RTMT threads

Thanks for your post here my friend !

Ocean View Surpasses   ( 400,000) Population

oZakQ9.jpg

Surprisingly traffic still seems under pretty good control..

Just a few spots here and there are in the red. But no big network stretches are all that congested so far..

Very nice! SInce I spot a stretch of AVE-6 and TLA-7 in the middle of the pictuee, with 2 visible RTMT stations on the TLA-7 part: is this also where you test the new stations?

5 hours ago, pierreh said:

Very nice! SInce I spot a stretch of AVE-6 and TLA-7 in the middle of the pictuee, with 2 visible RTMT stations on the TLA-7 part: is this also where you test the new stations?

it is close to there but the next intersection down more near the bottom of the pic.

I left a TLA-7 Bus ( 3 X 2) station in there thats operating quite nicely..

Here is my main traffic congestion issue here :

Bs5hrG.jpg

A lot of sims like to use this RHW-2 stretch to park there cars at the parking facility. and than use the train station just to the north, as part of there commutes..

So i may either widen this stretch to a rhw-4 or perhaps supplement this with a subway extension and see what that accomplishes..

Ocean View Surpasses   ( 500,000) Population

I have now reached my initial population goal of half million..

But I now feel I have done a good enough job with the transit infrastructure, I can go ahead and try for a million population level in this city.

So thats now the new goal for ocean View !!

17kqKm.jpg

Ocean View Surpasses   ( 600,000) Population  !!!

This is a view of the South CBD, which has really taken shape now.. with a nice collection of high rises , which you would expect in a city of this size-

uGpkM3.jpg

traffic is still surprisingly under good control despite the expanding population of the city.. So far there are just a few rail + subway lines that go into the yellow to orange congestion shading ranges,,This pic shows one such rail line -

DNGWwa.jpg

This city is growing quite rapidly! I'm surprised you're keeping traffic levels fairly low throughout.  What sort of configuration are you using for network capacities? 

On 5/11/2017 at 11:15 PM, pupper_donut said:

This city is growing quite rapidly! I'm surprised you're keeping traffic levels fairly low throughout.  What sort of configuration are you using for network capacities? 

Josh, thanks for your posting !

I think i have planned out a pretty good system to use here. So i will try to elaborate on your answer thru a few pics ..

i think I posted a similar pic when i first started the city. but with a more recent pic its easier to see now how I staggered the zones in a North - South fashion, which i think is one of the better lay out ideas to try and control traffic routing in Sc4. Since traffic is reliant on a  pretty simple system of ( home to jobs) / morning commute and than from( jobs back to home) / evening commute  again.

But the main idea was a central highway system  that cuts North to south across the entire map, and than supplemented by 2 main rail lines-

CO4WTV.jpg

Than later on I decided to add a full- city wide subway system..

My pic here will show you at what stage of development that has grown to. I just recently connected just about the entire map , North - South with it -

e00b4a.jpg

Great work, although I'm interested in knowing which network capacity setting you use for the traffic simulator (medium, high, ultra etc). 

The central highway is what I do in most of my cities, mainly to connect residential areas to industrial and commercial in order to create massive highway traffic jams :monkey:. Have you resolved the congestion issue on the RHW-2 near the rail station as you showed a few updates ago?

Interesting and clever design of the city, with an excellent optimization of the travel distances and durations of the commutes. No wonder the city is growing by leaps and bounds.

The 6 large green 'things', visible in the central CBDs in both pictures, are train stations I suppose. Which station(s) are they?

Thanks much for your comments and questions guys !

I will take Josh questions first :

Great work, although I'm interested in knowing which network capacity setting you use for the traffic simulator (medium, high, ultra etc)

I have all custom settings for the traffic capacities. but the( overall/ average) difficulty can best be described as slightly more difficult than Z ( Medium)

Have you resolved the congestion issue on the RHW-2 near the rail station as you showed a few updates ago?

Yes I have,, I upgraded that highway portion to a RHW- 4

And now on to Pierre -

The 6 large green 'things', visible in the central CBDs in both pictures, are train stations I suppose. Which station(s) are they?

Those are actually parking garages with underground subway station function :)

Ocean View Surpasses   ( 700,000) Population  !!!

N2P8ln.jpg

Brian, you really manage to have your cities grow by leaps and bounds! And yet, as you told me yesterday in our chat, you have moderate congestion of your networks, or even little or none at all. You have a superb mastery of the game, and deserve great congratulations for this!

Thanks for the compliments Pierre :D

I think the worst congestion i have so far is I have some rail lines now that vary from yellow to orange..

I was going to provide a pic or 2 but I think i will wait until i can get my city population at least back up to 720 K where I had it a short time ago ...

Ocean View Surpasses 3/4 of Million ( 750,000) Population

3- pic Update :

This area is one of the denser residential areas of the growing city..

b1aoTd.jpg

With the increasing population + also the improvements I have made to the centralized RHW-4 elevated level 1 highway, I am finally starting to get some decent traffic usage from this highway system

5g3xPn.jpg

y40Oif.jpg

I like the traffic levels on the elevated highway, it gives this freeway a very realistic look indeed. Do you predict that traffic levels will continue increasing here as the population grows?

The sims must love driving on that freeway. Cars will fly with the enormous abrupt elevation changes!

Another population milestone goal has come and gone..

16 Million in the Florida region

jGrWdy.jpg