bben

transit mania- ville

559 posts in this topic

This is my clean- up of the wiggly interchange a few posts back-

Quite a change !

5fp0.jpg

I am attempting my most ambitious RHW upgrade yet..

I am upgrading about half of my main RHW - 6 C in my RHW City to a RHW - 8 S..

So will be updating from time to time with construction in progress type pics of this-

rbib.jpg

RHW upgrade construction pic # 2

Here is a pic of the back end transition where the long rhw 6 C diagonal merges with the new rhw 8 S segment-

rezw.jpg

RHW upgrade construction pic # 3

Here you can see I had to do a bit of re - curvature of what used to be just a very long diagonal.

These long diagonals of the wider RHW networks the draw backs to them is there is little you can do because content like ramps for them have not been developed as yet..

xz8l.jpg

RHW Upgrade construction pic # 4 -

pvzxm.jpg

This shows continued upgrade work near the transition from RHW - 6C to RHW - 8S.

Still a lot needs to be done in this area to rebuild the overpasses and ramps in this complex section of the upgrade.

RHW Upgrade construction pic # 5 -

di44.jpg

Here is a longer range zoom out shot which now shows the RHW- 8S, main through-fare completed but with still much work to be done yet with new overpasses and ramp hook ups, ect..

thanks, Brian

And from what I've remembered, you've had this same region for what? 6-7 years? Some pretty impressive accomplishments here.

Thanks, ! all you guys ;)

But the reason i have delayed the larger update showing the completed RHW - 8 portions + associated extra networks is that I also decided to fully upgrade the stack interchange which also in some areas is now way over traffic capacity.

But yes I think really before getting into that let me show a pic of the highlights of the initial RHW - 8 S upgrades..

7a9y.jpg

1) is a new MIS level 1 underpass , creating a second stack, smaller interchange in that area which is about 6 tiles from the original stack i built.

2) Is a new set with a double MIS overpasses to try and relive some traffic Congestion

EDIT :

I was able to make a further improvement in the set up by using a level 1 MIS overpass + The new RHW quick change system to reduce some mergers-

eib7.jpg

thanks, Brian

hey guys , :dodgy:

here is a new update on the RHW super highway ..

Work is continuing on the new triple overpass/ stack interchange.

I will have another update soon on that once it has passed function tests.

Here work on the East has been completed with brand new ramps + bypass extensions-

xdbv.jpg

This was utterly amazing guys so i felt I had to post this...

55 , 000 buses + on a single road tile

Has to be the all time record on bus traffic right ?

ceyd.jpg

_ have broken the traffic reporting limits for the first time both for bus + subway..

Both are well in excess of the reporting limits of 65 k +-

4k9aa.jpg

q0xz.jpg

xea4.jpg

thanks Brian

I really like those underpasses that are in the first picture. But nice work with your buses :D keep it up!