Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bben

[split] Seminars Discussion

17 posts in this topic

This thread is for general discussion pertaining to Simmania Seminars.

This thread is for general discussion ONLY. Seminar scheduling, announcements, etc are disallowed in this thread. If you want a seminar scheduled and posted in the schedule thread, please let a community activity manager know. Thank you.

-cheese

I wanted to mention also that Hans cut off time for doing any recordings of seminars will be (12 midnight his time), in Germany ( this is approx. 6 Pm east for example). This means the seminar must be completed by this time for Hans to do his customary recording job he has done in the past for us with the seminar records.

Otherwise for later times , arrangements needs to be made in advance for a different recorder.

In addition I will be available as I always have been to do any introductions for anyone else's seminar.

And although this has been a traditional feature in the past, of course it will be up to the guest speaker if they want to avail themselves of this option.

Thanks, Brian

We will be able to retrieve the logs if necessary, so I don't think that recording them will be that much of an issue. Although, if they are wanted to be publicly posted immediately after the seminar, having someone to copy/paste the seminar would come in handy. :P

Josh, thats great thinking the way u have scheduled one seminar/ month . Which I think it is good to have a "loose" sorta goal for this just to remind us. Than if we have even a greater demand for more seminars, you have provided a second date slot during each month as well. Well done with this !

Just a quick reminder to everyone about Capton's Seminar, which is now less than a week away-

24 May - SimCity 2013, hosted by CapTon

So this is this coming up Saturday.

I will see if we can get a time from him (East coast time zone) or I can have him post here later.

And although we have had a slow past week both in the chat room and the forums , of course we are still hoping for a decent turn out on Saturday for what i am sure will be an entertaining Seminar :)

Thanks, Brian

Hi everyone :-/

Today;s seminar ( May 24 th), which was scheduled to be preformed by Capton has now

been moved back to the available make up date slot of-

Saturday May 31 st.

We still need a time of the day or evening from Capton when he would be able to do the seminar..

thanks, Brian

Capton .

If your wondering what happened to the seminars ?

We decided to wait on those until chat numbers come back up again and it makes them a bit more meaningful and relevant .

Regards, Brian

Personally I think chat numbers have once again risen to an amount that seminars would get actual attention, so I think there's no reason not to bring them back.

Yes, right now were getting 9 , sometimes 10 in the chat room..

Although this could be on account of the holidays season really.

But, Perhaps its time to check with Josh to see if we should bring back the seminars for another round  ?

Just as small update, as i have not given one in awhile..

We are still hitting 10 on occasion in the chat room..

in addition some general discussion has surfaced  in regards to Aldini possibly

doing a seminar near the end of this month (January) or perhaps as we head into February..

long as it's not on a day I work or am otherwise occupied... I'd be more than happy to do one, though might I suggest doing the seminars not over chat? a voice seminar might be more interesting.

yes I agree with Josh,

increasing chat activity is always one of the main points of doing the seminars in the chat room,

but nice idea Leo, thanks !

Ok so I have plans to do a seminar soon, as bben has stated some months ago... I should be able to do it sometime after midterms, which are closing in on me really quickly! Should be the middle of this month though, I will have a set date later once I know I have time.

Well I have made the announcement in chat but I haven't posted it yet.

The seminar is Saturday, March 28th at 1pm PST, the topic will be on the collapse of WTC building 7.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0