Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Acko

Aco tries it again: Victoria II AAR

4 posts in this topic

I'm at it again, and once again it's uncertain whether I'll get past the first chapter. But nevertheless, this is more or less the only thing I have to post about on the forum at the moment, so I decided I'd do it.

Note: x-post from the original Makestation thread, probably will be a bit better :P

Plantagenia - Table of Contents

1. Prologue (below)

Prologue

(click thumbnails for full size)

The oldest of the North American states, Plantagenia is a moderately sized kingdom in the southeast of Arcadia. Plantagenia was formed in 1771 as a concession to Charles Plantagenet, the loser of the War of Anglo-French Succession.

01.png

The agrarian economy of Platagenia does not allow for much on the budget,

which means most of the budget should be directed toward the administration.

02.png

Plantagenia is ruled as a Parliamentary Monarchy, considered as the middle step between monarchy and democracy.

03.png

On the world stage, Plantagenia is a second class power, sharing this status with the Seven Republics.

04.png

The population of Plantagenia is one of the largest on Arcadia, only second to the population of the Seven Republics.

05.png

Being constantly threatened by the much more powerful Seven Republics to the north, Plantagenia focuses most of its research on the military.

06.png

But not only does this task require keeping the army up to date, it also requires building an actual army. The current army of Plantagenia is rather small for a state of its size and population.

07.png

In Europe, the eight Greater Powers are tasked with maintaining stability of Europe and the world, admittedly however they do not do a very good job of it.

After the war of the Anglo-French succession, the Dual Monarchy was allowed a near century of uneasy peace despite the constant warring in Central Europe.

08.png

Unlike the Dual Monarchy however, Scandinavia entered the 19th century at war. The Scandinavians and Burgundians had attacked the HRE in the disastrous Great German War as a response to Bohemia's attempts to centralize the empire to increase its power in Europe.

09.png

Burgundy, like Scandinavia, had a violent beginning of the century. Anti-tax Revolts in the colonies at led to the establishment of the Seven Republics, who the Burgundians were powerless to quell.

10.png

Bohemia had ended up on the losing side of the Great German War, and as a result, had lost the HRE permanently.

11.png

The Ottoman Empire, crafted by the great Osman himself nearly 700 years ago, was at the verge of collapse following centuries of misfortune.

12.png

Venice, like the other three great powers following it, is little more than a European power now. However, it still holds the colony of Augustinia, which we border to the south.

13.png

At the turn of the century, Spain had lost nearly its entire colonial empire because of ill-fated attempts to tighten its hold on its empire. Now it is, like Venice, little more than a European power.

14.png

The weakest Great Power, Aragon, had a considerable hold on the Mediterranean, and should it lose its status, will be watched very closely by the other European powers.

15.png

In an era of increasing nationalism and globalization, how Plantagenia will manage to find its place in the world will be interesting.

wow Aco, this is one of the most outstanding postings/ updates I have ever seen on this site !

A collection of superb pics here indeed , congrats on this really.. :D

Thanks, Brian

wow Aco, this is one of the most outstanding postings/ updates I have ever seen on this site !

A collection of superb pics here indeed , congrats on this really.. :D

Thanks, Brian

All I can deliver here is a generic thank you comment, but thanks :P

Cool, lots of stats and info. Very informative. Very good.

Yep, lots of stats. Gets pretty annoying at times (thankfully the trade "system" in this game can be ai-automated so that I don't have to deal with even more stats that are not relevant to the game.)

Updates, by the way, will be weekly, starting from yesterday. So next update will be next Thursday, the 15th.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0