Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Acko

What would you like to see in an SM MC server?

10 posts in this topic

With the inauguration of T1SM, I've decided that it is time for a new SM community server. However, before I start this server (if I do) I wanted the community's opinion on what they wanted in a new server. Like Survival or Creative, Bukkit or Vanilla, etc. Or if you want anything not here you can ask about that too.

Thanks for the offer, actually! But I think I might actually have that covered already, right now I'm just looking for what people want to see in the new server.

I really liked having the date, and the weather forecast and weather, and the whole tree falling when you whacked one of the logs. That's what I'd like to see again.

I prefer to play creative.

I like the large biomes too because there's usually more villages near spawn.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions guys! So far I'm thinking it'll be bukkit (with the plugins you guys mentioned, as on the old server), and creative with large biomes.

EDIT: With the current Bukkit builds still being in beta, I can't guarantee that the date plugin will make it, as it is very old.

EDIT EDIT: On another note, I'm now taking suggestions for a seed for the server. Oh, and I just purchased our shiny new server :P

Cool, a shiny new server. :)

Random Seed that none of us has played before so that every inch of that world has been totally unseen before by any of us.

Interesting idea. I'd be up for that too.

EDIT: Two more things, I've decided it's not worth the trouble to have an optional survival world (I tried that already, it wasn't easy), and there will be a calendar plugin.

Quick update, the server is nearly ready. All the plugins I wanted have been installed and configured. The map has been generated and is ready. The final touch I want to tell you guys about is the custom domain: You can connect to the server by using instead of an ip a rememberable url (e.g. this one will be simmania.beastmc.com (don't try to connect yet, it's not ready). The server is running CraftBukkit 1.7.9-R0.2 and is compatible with all 1.7.x versions I believe (or at least 1.7.9 and up).

Awesome, I'm sure it'll be great. Have you checked out Spigot instead of Bukkit? I've used it on my public server for nearly a year now, and it's so much better performance wise.

Awesome, I'm sure it'll be great. Have you checked out Spigot instead of Bukkit? I've used it on my public server for nearly a year now, and it's so much better performance wise.

Actually, I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to check it out later.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0