Sign in to follow this  
Acko

Aco's Paradox Glimpses thread

This is a thread where I will throw all of my paradox grand strategy pics into, instead of making a full-blown journal. I have a few maps from CK2 to start out, date is sometime in 868 I think?

2yeL9cp.jpg

Independent realms of 868.

OKseS35.jpg

Religion map of 868.

That's not actually me in africa; It's some tribal kingdom. We share similar colors though. Another example of countries with similar colors are Scotland and Castille.

Again, they're different nations, similar colors. I only enter the African scene in 1538 and the Asian scene even later than that :P

Tonight is a good night. And 1529 was a good year for Portugal. 0ZSBOHx.jpg

Nada. I don't have any territories in Europe except metropolitan Portugal :P

In Ukraine, that's the Crimean Khanate

nH0Y8Qm.jpg

Next maps will be much more detailed, so that'll help clear up confusions like those.

4djMs1h.jpg

Started anew as Portugal in EU4. Much better game. The year is 1446. Had a bit of bad luck in the beginning with my monarch dying only a few months after the beginning, but otherwise it's been pretty smooth.

Before the next pic update, I'd like to share with you some of the music playlists I listen to while playing EU4. Currently, there are two of them, based on what's going on in the world right now (there is the "War" playlist, which I play to set the mood during war, and the "Peace/Adventure" playlist, which I play during times of peace). These are composed of entirely video game music (how original I am). I have made a paste on pastebin with every track from each of the playlists (sorted by game).

Link to the war playlist: http://pastebin.com/nPpJVZUR

And the peace playlist: http://pastebin.com/tAzVay9B

Hope you enjoy :P

I started a new game as the Kingdom of Wessex in a fantastic balance mod made by a group of SA goons. In this mod, pretty much all of Western Europe is balkanized (England and France don't exist as nations unlike vanilla, Iberia divided between Al-Andalus in the south and Christendom in the North). Even outside of Western Europe, there are a lot of changes. In Scandinavia, all three nordic nations still follow the Nordic mythology. The Baltic nations follow Romuva. There are honestly too many divergences for me to list, so I'll just show you a political map of Europe in 1444:

zqtbkVo.png

And a religious map, if you're curious:

g2ot97c.png

Right now I'm in the year 1486. I unified England after a series of hard-fought wars against Mercia, Wales, and Scotland. With lots of side-switching.