Sign in to follow this  
SpookyZalost

Community/Group Activity

We need some kind of community or group activity, I think that might help revitalize the forum (not the chat, the forum), and maybe give us something we can all be proud of, plus people who see it have an increased chance of being interested in simmania and might want to join themselves

thoughts, ideas, comments? let's hear em!

I have a comment..

Just appreciate your posting, and it helps keep the forums active here.

But at this time i dont have any further ideas for how to generate more forum postings than what we have been getting,  sorry..:icon_scratch:

I can always give it more thought and see what i can come up with of course..

But thanks so much for your input and that you care about the site my friend , :)

well i still like the idea of a community project, something we all work on.

it's part of why i liked having a minecraft server for the site that everybody contributes to but that's lost a lot of interest as people started getting more involved in their personal lives... say, anyone heard of life is medieval?

yes, it's currently still in early access but basically the non mmo portion can be played multiplayer with an island sized map (really huge), and basically you put in time and build a town/village the old fashioned way sorta.

I would like to see more updates as well on Simmmania such as new theme and a better logo I think most of us want this kinda change we all think this will help the community be more active in chat and on the forum it self I think all of us will become more active if this change happened what are your feed backs about this ?

I think a large part of the low activity levels is because a lot of people (myself included) have been in real life. If everyone really wants a re-design we can try it, but this sort of thing takes a lot of work and time which I don't think any of us on staff really have right now unfortunately.

what if non staff designed the re-design?

like give us a template we can modify as a group?

That'd be a great community project we can all work on too with any form of computer.

and if it passes approval as far as stability and functionality then it can be implemented?

Takes most of the weight off your shoulders given the IRL stuff and gives the community something we can all work towards and benefit from since all you guys would have to do is maybe make minor stability tweaks and such.

ya I think thats quite possible that one of the non- staff might be able to handle this..

I am thinking of a couple guys that could do it without mentioning any nicks..

Nice point here...

just something to think about, honestly I don't see why it couldn't be done, we could get a group together, work out the design ideas, and settle on a final design, with people taking different aspects of it.

C'mon moderators, tell us what you think about this? are you willing to let a group of us redo the site?

If I understand what you're saying, something like this wouldn't exactly be feasible, simply due to the sheer complexity of the templates, and not to mention all of the minuscule details.

However, if a majority is really interested in a redesign, I'd be more than willing to accept input from the community and do a more gradual redesign/reorganization, like we did with SM3 all those years ago :P

so far the site's looking really nice now gd, as for a community project, the whole idea is to create something that not only gets everyone invested in the site but also draws in new users interested in whatever it is everyone is working on.