bben

transit mania- ville

2 more tests:

1. With a RHW-2 stub we get normal functionality in both the morning and the evening commute; here is the evening commute:

i5Ujhg.jpg

2. MIS stubs are non-functional; this is not suprising, since they are owrs:

oV8SKt.jpg

Now, I'll try again the RHW-4 stubs, since at least in one of your tests, Brian, the stub leading to the garage was functional in the morning commute; the other one wasn't functional in the evening commute. I wonder whether that can be reproduced.

Pierre,

thanks for all your additional tests as we continue to explore the transit modding aspects of sc4 parking garages ..

I decide for the sake of "continuity" , and since i failed to post a pic of the the morning commute when i ran the testing of the Maxis garage W/ the RHW-4, that i would do so in this posting-

B4IeyE.jpg

So here we clearly see cars arriving to work on the morning commute via our RHW-4 ...

The evening commute of course remains , Non - functional

I tested again the RHW-4  stubs. I modified slightly my setup, pushing the train station 2 tiles further from the road, in order to have longer stubs. I ran the test for quite a while. I can confirm your findings. The morning commute is functional:

xtotcS.jpg

... and the evening commute isn't - no cars exit from the garage. Whether this is a flaw of the garage, or of the RHW implementation, we don't know at this point. It may be of interest to eventually bring this to the attention of the NAM guys...

Thanks Pierre..

so this pretty much verifies the garage one- way network issue or bug ..

Meanwhile, I have finally reached the quarter million population barrier in my new city CBD !!-

GUUInx.jpg

RHW ( Real Highway)   X   NWM ( Network Widening Mod)  Integration

This is the 1st part of a new series of updates that show the the start of the exciting new phase for highways in SC4 that is being implemented by the NAM team ..

The long anticipated integration of the NWM with the RHW has finally begun !! :D

The main components of the start of this integration are :

1) the REW ( Real Expressway's) first release scheduled for NAM 37...

2) Ruls Coding Support for - Ground intersection and underpasses for the NWM with the RHW for levels 0,1,2 ....

So I have put together a series of pics that show this integration + I am testing the initial stability of some of the early set ups possible :modernwinky:

Pic # 1 -

This is a pic of the Rd-6 underpass with RHW-2 Level 1 , that has already been functionally tested in traffic conditions -

6SPnfn.jpg

Pic # 2 -

This shows some important elements of the integration ...

YitUH3.jpg

A, ) ... shows a hard transition between the MIS and the OWR-1, .. which just means you do not need a puzzle peice for this transtion, that the transition is smoothly supported simply by dragging one network into the other ..

B )  +  C ) ... shows the ground support for the intersection of the OWR 4,5 X The MIS networks..( These have not been functionally tested in game as yet ) ..

Pic # 3 -

this shows the OWR-4 , 5 underpasses X the RHW -2 ( these have not been tested in game/ traffic conditions as yet )

pTzNSx.jpg

Pic # 4 -

and finally we have our most impressive set up to date :

An OWR -3 underpass X RHW-6S ...

Additionally , we have an adjacent OWR-3 with an MIS on the next tile , with a second intersection only 2 more tiles away.

QfOTAa.jpg

This set up has been constructed and functionally tested in game ..

It shows amazing stability already in its infancy of Ruls coding :P

RHW X NWM integration - testing

RHW-4 L1 (no median ) X OWR-4

joWmH1.jpg

non-traffic test- passes stability

RHW X REW

RHW -6S L1 ( no median) X OWR-4

1FnvuX.jpg

This also has passed the Non- traffic stability testing..

RHW X NWM integration - testing

RHW-8S L1 (1-tile median ) X OWR-5

AqaXZD.jpg

non-traffic test- passes stability

PPIVcJ.jpg

this first traffic test i decided to run had the following attributes :

1) Decided on just a single side of the RHW-8S to start off with

2) I decided to leave the MIS crossing unconnected in this first stability. traffic test

3) the red circles denote that the model/ texture is not fully supported yet for the ( RHW-4 L0 X OWR-5) crossing , although it pass the traffic testing

4) this set up though, passed basic functionality/ traffic testing

5) no ramps were tested in this first test.

OywFLE.jpg

Just one last test here from zoom # 3 perspective, where I went ahead and connected up the MIS crossing ..

Everything still remained functional with good stability here ..

This is from the older city, where I have been doing the recent pics and updates from showing the progress of the RHW X NWM stability testing....

I decided to make some improvements to Isle's Junction. ( the creation of a level 2 - MIS bypass + an improved height transition ).. But in addition , this shows the current power of the overall stability of RHW levels ( 0, 1 , 2)..

tLsL29.jpg

Wider Zoom showing the location of the By pass and how it by passes around Isle's Junction, quite nicely-

DziIdu.jpg

This shows the main traffic congested areas in the circled areas, before I ran the traffic sim to see what effect the bypass will have-

nOopD1.jpg

So after running the traffic sim for several ( Game - Years), I was quite pleased with the traffic reductions of the problem area :) -

SLozzJ.jpg

Very impressive! The bypass filled its function quite properly, removing the congestion on the main north-south highway. There remain some congested roadways on the left of your last two pictures, but perhaps you will be addressing those too. In any case, your masterly use of various options and combinations of RHW and NWM is remarkable. It motivates me to undertake some improvements in the highway system of my Talaran cluster, which I'll be documenting in its own CJ. And I hope of course that you'll develop your city further and deal further with the traffic issues those developments will trigger.

I have decided to make all my By passes, like this new one in ' Isle Junction" ,

All Level 3 ( 22.5 meters in height) now, to set them apart from the rest of my highway systems -

PEMoAM.jpg

This is a bit of a left over item/ Goal from awhile back -

Ocean view Finally reached the one million Population mark !!!!!!!!!!!

LCrdUY.jpg

We are still lacking an S -curve or what we refer to as a one lane shift puzzle piece for the RHW 8S networks....

But i was still able to construct one from 2 starter pieces..

Here we see it has some texture flaws, and quite sharp turns since its lay out is only over 3 tiles..

In comparison from looking at my pic, we see that the RHW- 6S S - curve puzzle piece is a lay out done over 5 tiles with more gradual turns..or curves

wEATr7.jpg

Interchange Upgrade - due to traffic congestion .. City = CBD

I have not did a CJ update for awhile so I thought I would do one this morning  :)

My city CBD's population has grown now to 375 K.. and so there would be expected areas in the city that are experiencing traffic issues..

So here is the worst of those , which is one of my newer areas of Highway system integration between the (soon to be released) REW + the RHW -

tsxOgI.jpg

The circled red areas denote possible relocation of the smaller dwelling residents there.. In addition i am hoping I will be able to upgrade to a one tile median , especially on the Level 1 RHW- 6s..

pszvMd.jpg

The 3 main network arteries requiring an upgrade due to traffic congestion issues:

1) OWR-3

2) Level 1 RHW- 6s

3) MIS ramp

Thanks Tibi !

Yes the upgrade turned out great this time , it is quite effective ( at reducing traffic congestion) in the area and I was happy with the way things turned out and the current traffic flows -

rc7fsk.jpg

1) first the OWR-3 upgrade to the OWR-4 and it also shows amazing stability with all those crossings in a row on the east side of the overpass :)

2) most of the L1 RHW-6s was upgraded to a 8s after the overpass to the north side.

3) and finally the addition of another mis ground network was ( squeezed in), to help out with north bound traffic flows to the east of the overpass..

Here is the current traffic congestion which you can compare with my first posting's pic. -

FLvZ4Q.jpg

This is an area here , that i thought I wanted to upgrade a bit.. Perhaps expand this area into more one larger interchange-

mal9Wr.jpg

Traffic has gotten quite high on a couple of the networks -

7WCZDE.jpg

it was a pretty tight area to upgrade.. but I did the best i could.

I would say traffic reduction was satisfactory but not great:

Here are the changes i made from the prior posting above :

fPqA2F.jpg

And than the small reduction in traffic as the city now approaches 1/2 million in population :

SDLi5c.jpg

Nice update. It is indeed a tight area to upgrade.

I would remove a short congested section of the raised highway on the left side of the pics. A RHW-8S narrows down to RHW-6S before passing over what looks like an OWR-4 (hard to determine because of the size of the pic), then there is an MIS ramp that descends diagonally to ground level before merging with anothr MIS- I would keep the RHW-8S going until the MIS ramp and let the right-most lane go to that ramp.