pierreh

The United Cities of Talaran

Construction work was completed on the interchange, some surface roads were rerouted, the area formerly occupied by the partial cloverleaf was redesigned and a new commercial zone was defined on that terrain. The Mayor of Marlande and the High Councillor of the United Cities inaugurated the new interchange with much pomp and circumstance. The High Councillor announced that the new interchange was only the start of a complete overhaul of Talaran's highway system.

A view of the completed works is shown here:

4YCRRh.jpg

Traffic views will be shown later after the city recovers fully from the enormous disruption caused by the construction works.

wow, this is fantastic Pierre !

I really love how this turned out my friend  :D

I just have 1 new request... I would love to see a traffic congestion view. ..just so we can compare that to what existed here prior with the old highway system you had in place..?

Of course I'll provide the new congestion view: after all the entire exercise was done in order to correct the flagrant overload on the old parclo interchange. However, as noted in my last post, il will take a while for the traffic simulator to 'recover' from the important change. Meanwhile I am doing work in other cities in the cluster, starting with those that require an upgrade of their connection to Marlande, which has to be changed from RHW-6S to RHW-8S. So please hang on and be patient, it will come in due time.

The next area of reworking the highway system is in the following case in Arcens:

At1CB0.jpg

There are actually two locations requiring changes:

1) The parclo, where we see that only some of the links are used, while others are inactive (in the morning commute, which is the one for which things are designed). The unused links will not be removed, but reduced to simple MIS sections; the others will be dimensioned according to their respective loads.

2) The entrance and exit ramps at the top right of the picture. These ramps connect the highway with an avenue with a GLR in the center. There is a heavy load on the avenue and the entrance ramp to the highway, starting at the GLR+bus station: the bulk of the load is bus traffic going to Marlande; Sims reach the station by GLR and switch to buses to continue on their commute. The ramps will be redesigned to take the loads into account.

A particular challenge is posed by the proximity between the highway interchange and the entrance/exit ramps. Some creativity will be required.

Pierre,

another great posting by you my friend !

I had a little bit more time to offer you a respectable reply that your excellent posting deserves....

1) yes the Parclo,  has turned out to be quite interesting indeed concerning the routing + traffic.. It looks like part of it has ideal usage , where you have the yellow there. But than we have a part of it that is only light blue.. ( not sure of the exact traffic numbers there), but you are a bit dissatisfied with the usage there I assume ?

2) the second section you mention, the problem here as you state is clearly traffic congestion . This will be the interesting future project you have going for us to keep in mind.. and to await your proposed construction decision here and wait for further developments and a follow up postings from you :)